The Angry Fox Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the life of Caboov

4 posters

Go down

the life of Caboov - Page 2 Empty Re: the life of Caboov

Post by woahevil1 Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 am

been awhile since the last update Caboov emotional . Tell me about, i cant study for peanuts... no-no
woahevil1
woahevil1
Editor

http://webchat.irchighway.net/?channels=angryfox

Back to top Go down

Post by Caboov Tue May 07, 2013 3:05 am

So, uh, I didn't write this down yet, but I'm back!
I passed the semester, too! cheers
I honestly think it was the lack of involvement in manga that helped me scrape by all my classes. Youtube didn't help though. no-no
This summer semester is a co-op term, so send stuff my way and I'll work on it after work!
Caboov
Caboov
Quality checker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caboov Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:03 am

Wow, it's been quite a long time since I last updated. Ehehe. So long in fact, that all of a sudden, I'm graduating! This week is exam week, then I graduate on Saturday!
Woohoo! cheers
Caboov
Caboov
Quality checker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caboov Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:25 am

Another update in this dead forum of ours. tongue
I got a job! It was a long arduous process that took 6 months after graduation to complete, but I finally got a job! cheers
Caboov
Caboov
Quality checker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caboov Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:17 am

Wow... it's been a while, huh? I'm about 3 years into my job and I've basically been lost to the world of scanlation. I know a few other people that have moved on with their own lives too.

I was thinking a few months ago that I might get back into scanlating. After a while, I realized that the motivation and drive of sitting down with a script and painstakingly going through every line of text to pair it with the balloons on the raw page only to realize after the official release that I missed a few errors is just... fizzled out. The daily grind of being an adult with all the self-care and mind-numbing chase of putting more and more money into the bank just does not easily allow for focus on the exhausting charity work that is scanlation.

I'm tired these days. I understand a lot more and am much more empathetic to the logic behind some of the sarcastic and bitter people out there. Loneliness doesn't help.

I still love manga. That hasn't changed. The amazing stories that are told in a format that's as easy to pick up as it is to put down enthralls me to this very day. I hope that one of these days I'll be able to rise above my tired and unfocused self. I hope that then I can rejoin the ranks and do what I've wanted to do since I first joined this group: spread the love of manga.

Don't leave me out of this, yet.
Caboov
Caboov
Quality checker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum